The AOM has been designed for installation on equipment located in isolated areas or where LV network is not available.
Its main components are:
- the power supply unit, comprising an accumulator battery (24 Vdc), charged by solar panels or by means of an auto-transformer;
- the standard COELME-EGIC motor operating mechanism (see “Disconnectors” section), specifically modified in order to reduce consumption;
- the remote control unit, which allows controlling the equipment remotely through GSM/GPRS networks.
The high versatility and flexibility provided by the remote control unit allow meeting a wide range of needs, among which are:
- monitoring environmental parameters (internal and external temperatures, humidity...);
- monitoring the status of the equipment (open vs. closed positions) and of the electrical components of the operating mechanism (magnetothermic circuit-breaker, operation selector switch …)
- setting alarms for abnormal operating conditions (high internal temperature, power supply unit fault, forcing of the operating mechanism door...)
- taking pictures to provide VISUAL evidence of the status of the equipment.