- What are the reference standards for disconnectors specification ?
- The main reference standards, internationally recognized are the ones published by the IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission). The standards closely connected to HV disconnectors are principally (but not only) :
- IEC 60694 : common specifications for HV switchgear and controlgear standards
- IEC 62271-102 : HV alternating current disconnectors and earthing switches
- IEC 60071-1 & 60071-2 : Insulation co-ordination
- IEC 60273 : Characteristic of indoor and outdoor post insulators for systems with nominal voltages greater than 1000 V
- IEC 60815 : Guide for the selection of insulators in respect of polluted conditions
These standards can be found at http://www.iec.ch
The ANSI standards are also applicable in some regions of the world, and especially in the USA. The main ones are C37.30, C37.32 and C37.34.
In addition, some countries issue their own standards, often inspired by the ones mentioned here above.
- How to specify a disconnector ?
- The IEC 62271-102 proposes a list of characteristics to be included with an enquiry, as a guideline. To simplify this job, we propose on our download page , a quick specification form, that you can fill in and print, to list the main features of your application.
- What to do, if no DS of the range seems to meet my requirements / needs ?
- Please contact us. Our team is available to listen to your needs, and either to help you to select the right reference, or to propose you a custom product.
- Why choose Coelme-Egic rather than other manufacturers ?
- Our company is dedicated to HV switches and switching. While others consider this business as a side of their activity, we focus on this core, tending every day to reach excellence. On the other hand, as the world leader of HV disconnectors, we guarantee you the support and the technology (3.5 % of our turnover is dedicated to R&D), that you will not find from smaller or non-specialized competitors.
- How to get some service on DS’s branded Merlin-Gerin or Schneider-Electric ?
- Since we have been manufacturing all the HV disconnectors of Merlin-Gerin (Schneider-Electric) group for more than 30 years, we still ensure the after sales, audit and overhaul of these equipments.
- What is the limit of supply of Coelme-Egic ?
- Our supply normally includes the poles ready to be fixed on the supporting structures, and up to their HV terminals, including their solid insulation (post insulators), the operating mechanism, and the mechanical transmission system from the mechanism to the poles. We normally do not supply the supporting structures, and brackets, though it can be possible on some projects. Upon request we can provide some HV connectors to connect on cables/busbars.
- What is CBD, VR2D etc... compared to the Coelme or Egic references already known ?
- CBD stands for “Centre Break Disconnector”, VR2D for “Vertical Reach 2-arm Disconnector”. These names replace the former DR, SDC and SP to be more internationally understood and memorized. However, the DS’s are still the same, and the huge library of relevant type-test reports as well.
- How to understand the naming of disconnectors ?
- We now name our disconnector with :
- their basic design (CBD, TCB, VR2D, SLOB...),
- the existence of one or two integrated Earthing Switches (suffix “-E” or “-EE”),
- their rated voltage as specified in the IEC standards (from 36 to 800 kV),
- and their rated permanent current according to IEC ratings (from 800 A to 6300 A )
Where applicable (special de-ratings due to particular climatic or usage data), we put additional data between brackets ( ). A full explanation to be found here.
- How to get some information in other languages than English ?
- Though we have developed this site in English, then translated into French, we will translate it as soon as possible into Spanish, and Italian. In the same spirit, we still produce most of our brochures (see download page) in 3 languages : English, Spanish and French. Most of our manuals also respect this tri-lingual rule. Some Chinese versions are also available.